Earwax (also known as cerumen) is a substance produced by the sebaceous gland in the ear canal that acts as a defense to slow dust dirt and other foreign materials from reaching the eardrum. The wax is yellowish in appearance and has antibacterial properties. Earwax is our bodies way of protecting the ear drums.However when the gland produces more wax than what is needed, it may block the ear and harden. Wax build up may cause temporary loss of hearing. It is important to take understand and take extra precaution in removing them. What Causes Earwax Buildup? . How To Stop Developing Excessive Earwax? . How to Remove Ear wax .Prices are Inclusive of GST (sales Tax).
Page updated 5/09/2019 3:05:58 pm
- The amount of wax that the sebaceous gland produce is genetically determined. External factors that contribute to the build up though are as follows:
- Frequent use of earplugs, earphones and hearing aids.
- Improper use of cotton swabs may push the wax even deeper that contributes to the buildup.
- Oil Products - Mineral oil and baby oil
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Carbamide Peroxide
- Irrigating the Ear - Let small amount of water soften the wax and drain by tilting the head.
- Eardrops - Usually prescribed by doctors. It softens the wax and gradually comes out of its own.